US Travellers

Tips on crossing the international border

These are uncertain times, and we recommend that anyone crossing the international border, by land, air or sea, carry a current passport along with a piece of photo-id such as a driver’s licence, and a birth certificate and/or citizenship card.

Please check with Canada Border Services to ensure you have the documents you will need for crossing into Canada from the United States. Your valid travel documents will ease your passage into Canada on the way to the Festival and will definitely make your re-entry to the United States less complicated on the way back.

Useful websites

Road construction and potential delays on Washington and Oregon portions of Interstate 5:

Border Crossing Wait Times:


Vancouver Road Work

This map shows road construction and/or closures in the City of Vancouver which might help in driving into the city, particularly from the eastern suburbs.

Directions to the Park from USA/Canada Border at Blaine:

  • After you cross the border, you’ll be on Highway 99 – stay on this. Eventually you’ll pass under the Fraser River in a tunnel. There will be a bit of a stretch of highway, then you’ll pass over a long bridge. Then you’ll end up on Oak Street, around 73rd Avenue (no internal freeways in Vancouver). Keep following Oak Street to 12th Avenue. [You’ll be heading north.]
  • Turn Left at 12th Ave. (you’ll be at the 800 block) and proceed along until you reach Alma Road, (which is between the 3600 and 3700 block).
  • Turn Right at Alma St., proceed to 4th Avenue.
  • Turn Left at 4th Ave. Follow the signs to Festival Parking.