What memory stands out most when you think of your time at the Festival?
– listening to the main stage concert with my 18 month old daughter who, for the first time, began to jump up and down to the beat. She “learned” to jump at the festival!
– being inspired by watching Steve Beck (former coordinator of the Box Office) finding humour in, and thereby, solving what seemed to be impossible crises usually just before ticket sales were to begin
Why do you volunteer for the Festival? What inspires you?
– I love being a part of (and contributing to) the festival community, and seeing, first hand, how this amazing event is created every year.
What’s your favourite part of the Festival?
– the joy of being part of a village of like-minded (at least in some ways) people as together, we discover musicians and music which are new to us, and revel in musicians we already love. Being at the festival helps me feel better about humans, and more optimistic about the planet.
What advice would you give to new volunteers?
– Try out different committees to get a better idea of how the whole festival works. Go above and beyond what you are asked to do, and treat other volunteers and festival goers with respect and empathy.