Volunteer Applications are now open for 2018!
Please read the agreement thoroughly. By clicking the link below you have accepted these terms.
**Before you begin, please be sure to look over Committee Descriptions as many of the Committee are already FULL**
The Vancouver Folk Music Festival agrees to the following understanding with volunteers:
- Volunteers will have access to the Festival site for the weekend, including back stage area. (VIP & Artist-only areas excluded)
- Volunteers will have access to meals (dinner Friday, lunch & dinner Saturday & Sunday) at no charge. (Cash breakfasts are available on Saturday & Sunday)
- Volunteers will have access to annual Volunteer Appreciation events at no charge.
- Volunteers will receive respectful treatment at all times.
- Volunteers will receive proper training and support to ensure a safe and secure experience.
- The Vancouver Folk Music Festival will abide by all Health and Safety regulations.
The Volunteer agrees to the following understanding with the Vancouver Folk Music Festival :
- All Volunteers will submit a fully completed Volunteer Application Form, with accurate information.
- Volunteers will pay a $15 non-refundable Festival Fee on acceptance of application. This fee helps the Festival maintain a strong Volunteer Community and supports Volunteer services including T-shirts, meals, appreciation events, and support services
- Volunteers will provide the Festival with emergency contact information and inform the Festival of any known medical conditions that are relevant to the safety and emergency care of said volunteer. (ie: severe allergies, physical limitations, required additional accommodations for any health issue)
- All Volunteers will attend general Festival & committee meetings as directed.
- All Volunteers will complete 15 volunteer hours if assigned during festival weekend and 30 hours if assigned Pre or Post festival.
- All Volunteers will complete their Festival volunteer assignment in a satisfactory way (showing up on time for shifts, staying required duration, wearing volunteer T-shirt while on shift, respectful treatment of other volunteers, staff, performers, and patrons of the Festival.)
- All Volunteers will abide by the policies of the Vancouver Folk Music Festival, including, but not limited to, zero tolerance of violence, harassment, non-medical drug use, and the consumption of alcohol while on shift.
A volunteer will ordinarily be a person 14 years of age and older.
Areas that handle alcohol require volunteers to be 19 years of age or older. All volunteers must have a Serving It Right certificate.
Areas in which driving is necessary require volunteers with a clean driving abstract and the appropriate class of drivers license.
Some areas may require specialized abilities and/or training.
By continuing with the application you agree to have read and accept the Terms and Conditions outlined above.